A Guide to Getting Solar for Farms in Chester VA
A growing number of agribusinesses find that they can save money by getting solar for farms in Chester VA. Make your conversion quick and easy by calling Sun Collectors now at 804-575-7338.
We specialize in photovoltaic (PV) or solar energy systems for residential, commercial, and agricultural solar systems. In addition, we strive to educate homeowners, businesses, and farmers on the benefits, savings, and power of renewable energy. We make going solar as easy as possible. Plus, we make our process informative. As a result, our customers can teach family, friends, and other acquaintances about solar.
Sun Collectors does not believe in high-pressure sales tactics. You can contact us now for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about getting solar for farms in Chester VA. We know you want answers to your questions, so continue reading to let us help inform you about the benefits of solar.
Timely Benefits with Solar for Farms in Chester VA
Now is the perfect time to take advantage of converting to renewable solar energy. You should consider making a change right now due to the following factors:
- Avoid Missing Out on Saving Thousands of Dollars: Electricity prices have risen 2.2% each year over the last decade. In 2016, the average power bill for an American family rose to $1,350 annually. With Virginia’s net metering program, your photovoltaic cells could potentially produce enough surplus energy to offset or in some cases drastically reduce that expense.
- Solar Panel Prices Are at an All-Time Low: After decades of government incentives and expanded global manufacturing, it has never been more affordable to get solar for farms in Chester VA. In 1977, solar cells cost nearly $77 per watt. However, solar cell cost plummeted to 22 cents per watt by 2017. Yet, that trend may not continue forever. Trump administration tariffs on imported solar cells and decreased national production could cause the pricing of solar systems to rise.
- Government Incentives Allow You to Write Off Part of Your Installation: Federal tax incentives will provide you with tax credits for up to 30% of the cost of installing solar for farms in Chester VA. However, the incentives will not last forever. As conversion to solar becomes more popular, these incentives could decrease or go away entirely in the future.
Benefits of Co-Locating Crop Production and Solar Energy
There are many other benefits of getting solar for farms in Chester VA. You should consider the following advantages when making your decision on initial installation:
- Lower Installation Costs: The use of previously tilled agricultural land may prevent the need for expensive grading to flatten it to a usable level.
- Reduced Installation Risk: Certain factors called “geotechnical risks” can increase the cost of installation of solar systems. However, previously tilled agricultural land provides the least risk, according to surveys from solar installers.
- Potential Increase in Solar System Performance: Vegetation under modules can contribute to lower soil temperatures and increase solar performance.
While the previous benefits reviewed things from the solar industry side, there are other advantages agricultural land managers will notice right away. Thus, here are some of the best direct benefits our ag clients tell us they experience:
- Reduced energy costs
- Diversification of their revenue stream
- An increased ability to install high-value, shade-resistant crops for new markets
- A chance to market to a sustainability-mindful audience
- An ability to maintain crop production throughout solar power production
- Allowance for nutrient and land recharge of degraded lands
- A reduction in water usage
- An expansion of growing seasons
Schedule a Free Consultation
Sun Collectors makes it easy and informative to get solar for farms in Chester VA. So, call us today at 804-575-7338 to schedule an appointment with a solar specialist. You can also contact us online to arrange for a free consultation. In addition, we invite all our clients to visit our home office at 4191 Innslake Drive, Unit #211, Glen Allen VA 23060.